Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Schubert: Waltzes

Michail Avdeev Anastasia Muravyeva ballroom Waltz to Schubert Serenade




Download and print Schubert: Waltzes sheet score

2009 07 Waltz (Schubert)

Waltz by Franz Schubert

This is kind of a bold piano question. (lol)? Well.. If you feel like you even want to answer this id really appreciate it. Okay I know I should be asking my piano teacher but why not just try here. I am playing things like level 4 (the book) waltzes by schubert, and beginning preludes by chopin. Im not really sure what song to go to next to make myself better. It seems like, the music that i am gravitating to is either much harder or much easier. If you could, could you list song songs.. that go up in difficulty from the ones i mentioned. So like say i started at marry had a little lamb... what would be the next, then next, and x, y, z... Id really appreciate this because im not sure where i have to go from here. Ps: I want to learn Winter wind etude, Revolutionary etude, and also hungarian rhapsodies later in my " piano studies lol idk " but yah... thanks for all the helpno reason to get snippy! if you REALLY think I am stupid or whatever for asking this question, you shouldnt be answer it then its called yahoo answers not yahoo smart ass answers.. simple as that. (not you liszt haha) : )

Download and print Schubert: Waltzes sheet score

I am preparing for my grade 8 exam in the U.K however, I would not dare attempt some of the Liszt rhapsodies yet! They require mature virtuosity and musicality.I can give you a piece of advice though: personally, if it takes me longer than up to 2 months to at least learn the 'notes' for a piece I am concentrating on, then I am attempting a composition which is out of my depth.

Nobody is going to take the time here to put into a progressive list, the last 400 years of solo keyboard literature. However - it has already been done. You can get a book like the HINSON graded guide to piano literature. However, without the appropriate instruction, this is meaningless. I am a competition judge, and every year I hear kids who wallow, slam, or crash their way thru things that are WAAAAAAYYY over their heads - they are far away form having the right technique to play all the notes, and far away from having the musicianship to make any actual MUSIC out of the mess. Your own teacher should be providing you with pieces that contribute to YOUR progress - we do not know you, and you *telling* us what you are playing is meaningless. This morning, I played 2 movements of the Prokofiev Flute Sonata in my studio - can you tell from me saying that, if I am an artist or a slob?

You're not being stupid! You have, however, asked a question that is almost impossible to answer. In addition to talking with your piano teacher, you might get a couple of books one level ahead of where you are not playing, and have some fun poking through them!

mamianka has a point. There is a difference between someone who's MASTERED a piece, and someone who can "play" it. Without having heard you play, it's difficult to say. Easier preludes by Chopin? I'm guessing that's Em, A, and Bm. A list? That's what I love about piano. There is no list. What you are going to learn is not set. I can make recommendations.. but...First of all, you should ask your teacher. He/she knows best where you are and what you can play.You might want to look at some of the easier Chopin waltzes and mazurkas. PS: If you are doing levels, then you are NO WHERE NEAR the Chopin pieces. I am playing some of the more difficult Chopin etudes, however, Winter Wind is above me. Hungarian Rhapsodies, I dare not attempt, except for perhaps the easiest. Revolutionary, I'm playing right now. Musically, I can take Chopin nocturnes, but not the ballades.

If you are finding the easier Chopin Preludes about right for your ability level, then here are a few suggestions that are of a similar or slightly higher level that you might find useful, appealing, or hopefully both :)The Schumann "Scenes from Childhood" should be in your range, as should Debussy's "Children's Corner Suite." (Don't let the names fool you; there are some quite challenging ones especially in the Debussy.)You should definitely be adding some Bach Inventions if you haven't done so already (Nos. 1,4,8,13 to start, Nos. 10,14, 15,5 if you're beyond those in the first group.)The Mozart Fantasy in D Minor or the Haydn Sonata in D Major could be longer works that might suit you as well. Don't worry about specific opus numbers on those two - almost every music store in the world will have multiple copies.In general, you sound like you'd be at the level of the Bastien Piano Literature Vol. 3. You might want to check it out sometime and see if there's anything in there that you could use, or move on to the next level. A piano teacher or at least a knowledgeable music store clerk should be able to make some suggestions if you're looking for a collection instead of individual works. Good luck!