Wednesday, September 21, 2011

K. 370 (Mozart)

Mozart Oboe Quartet In F, K 370 - 1 Allegro

1 Allegro


See and download K. 370 (Mozart) music score

MOZART:Oboe Quartet in F major, K. 370. 1. ALLEGRO

CALANDRA OBOE QUARTET Katie Bennington- Oboe Eleanor Bartlett - Violin Francesca Hunt - Viola Irene Celestino - \'Cello

Is the Mozart oboe sonata k. 370 in the 2010 NYSSMA manual? Can someone with a nyssma manual please help me. I want to play this song but my teacher does not have an updated manual and i need to check before i prepare this piece.thank you. My teacher is very qualified. She is currently getting her doctorate in oboe from the Eastman school and perhaps she does not want to spend the exorbitant amount of money that it costs to buy the whole nyssma manual.

See and download K. 370 (Mozart) music score

Yes. And it is not a *song* - it has no words. Level 6 - page 4-35. If your teacher does not have an updated Manual - and they came out in July of 2009, and you are planning for 2011 - then they are either NOT a *certified* music teacher in NY, lazy, or cheap - or a combination of the above. If they are planning on sending students to NYSSMA, then they MUST know what is in the Manual at every level - there is NO excuse. Having said that - I wonder what ELSE they do not know about NYSSMA, or woodwind teaching? They can be the greatest oboe player in the world - but if YOU are planning to do well at NYSSMA - and even audition for All-State - they you need a teacher who has a clue about how this system works. This might sound harsh - but I think you might realize how INCREDIBLY competitive this is, and OTHER students and teachers know every detail of the system, and how to best navigate it. Good luck . . .Added - let me get this right - your teacher is getting her doctorate, is teaching kids who are participating in NYSSMA - and will not spend $52 to get a Manual that is good for five years?? $10.40 a YEAR? Yup - I was right - CHEAP was one of my guesses. Does she GIVE you reeds, or give you xeroxes of music, because it is *too expensive*? I do not care is she is another Gomberg - this is WRONG. She does not have to even join NYSSMA - your HS teacher takes care of registering you. CHEAP CHEAP CHEAP - and unprepared to teach her students. Tell her I said so. If I chose to use my real name here, she would know who I am.