Thursday, September 22, 2011

Op.9 No.1 by Beethoven

Beethoven Trio Op. 9 No. 1 (2 - 3)

Faculty Concert for Young Students Conservatory of Music Jesus Maria Sanroma Hall June 11, 2004 ------------------------------ For the complete Concert click: youtube.com


Download and print PDF scores of Op.9 No.1 by Beethoven

Beethoven Trio Op. 9 No. 1 (1 - 3)

Faculty Concert for Young Students Conservatory of Music Jesus Maria Sanroma Hall June 11, 2004 ------------------------------ For the complete Concert click below: youtube.com

What classical piece should I play for my next piano recital? For the past recitals I've played Beethoven's Pathetique Sonata, Chopin's Fantasie Impromptu as well as his Nocturne op. 9 no. 1. I have also learned Rachmaninoff's prelude in c # minor for my final recital.For the one coming up next, I want to lean a piece by a composer other than these, but I'm not sure where to start my searching haha.I want it to be challenging, but not impossible for my skill level.

Download and print PDF scores of Op.9 No.1 by Beethoven

How about this nice piece by Debussy called "Gardens in the Rain"youtube.com/watch?v=7Q3nWpJJxnQor perhaps "Puck" by Griegyoutube.com/watch?v=z8dIXBdouss

Here are some pieces, in increasing order of difficulty.Poulenc: Improvisation 15This piece breaks my heart. It's easy to play. Also, free sheet music for this is difficult to find, so I'll leave a link for you. You don't have to make an account--mouse over the pages you want, right click, "Save As," and print from your desktop.youtube.com/watch?v=2WqBJIz8khMscribd.com/doc/11102666/Francis-Poulenc-Les-15-ImprovisationsLiszt: Consolation 3Very popular. I've tired of it, but you might like it.youtube.com/watch?v=MfDmUk7ie6s&feature=relatedTchaikovsky: June (Barcarolle)It has its difficult moments, but it's not so hard. Kind of sad.youtube.com/watch?v=eBDAklpf8X4Schubert: Impromptu op. 90-2Don't be alarmed by the speed of it, because most of the runs are only E-flat Major scales or broken chords. You also have to kind of vibrate your foot for pedaling. You don't want it to sound dry, nor do you want it to sound like its drowning.youtube.com/watch?v=pGbh_oAwuOEChopin: Nocturne op. 27-2It takes a while to learn each hand, but once you do, it's not so hard to put both hands together. There are also a couple tricky runs towards the end (3:39, 4:22)youtube.com/watch?v=WJ8RVjm49hEChopin: The BeesI've always thought this etude was sort of adorable.youtube.com/watch?v=uyDemhTTDYkScriabin: Piano Sonata 2-1I'm currently working on this. It's rather difficult to bring out the melody. There are also a lot of tricky seven-against-this and five-against-that and whatnot. Very rewarding, though, and extremely beautiful.youtube.com/watch?v=gT4IFD5ue0kYou can find free sheet music for all of these pieces at this website. You don't need an account, it's free, and it's safe.imslp.org/wiki/Main_Page

I love these pieces:Schubert:Impromptu in G flat major D899 No.3youtube.com/watch?v=L6_SbflSwAgLiszt-Liebestraume no.3 "O lieb" in Asseems to be more difficult than it is :)youtube.com/watch?v=0sPxr539mts

BEST CLASSICAL MUSIC EVER!!? I am trying to find some beautiful classical music, but I have no idea where to start! I prefer solos, sonatas and small ensembles to symphonies or orchestra pieces. I love piano and violin. I'm not quite sure how to explain exactly what I want, but I'm looking for something deeply moving, beautiful, touching- something that gives you shivers!I have just been listening to the following three, which I like:Beethoven- Moonlight sonataLudovico Einaudi- PrimaveraChopin nocturne op.9 no.1 and 2 Any suggestions would be much appreciated. The more the merrier! List away....TIA :)
Pachelbel - Cannon in D major (Bach's version)Franz Liszt - Hungarian Rhapsody No.02 In C-Sharp MinorFranz Liszt - Liebestraum piano

canon in d major.. by pachenbel??... ahhh... river flows in you and kiss the rain by yiruma.... it's the best... i hope you'll like it cuz everyone in our school loves it...

Well you are off to a good start with Beethoven sonatas and Chopin nocturnes, the Einaudi thing is not really classical and not even very good.Beethoven's 32 piano sonatas are at the core of the classical piano repertoire. The first movement of the Moonlight is the best known, but the final movement is the best part of that particular work. You should look at the other "named" sonatas - Tempest, Pastoral, Waldstein, Les Adieux and Hammerclavier.Chopin's piano literature is perhaps the most poetic of all music written for the piano - the nocturnes are wonderful, but the Ballades and the Scherzos are more substantial works.Mozart wrote 27 piano concertos - that are pretty much all sublimely beautiful. His piano sonatas are also remarkable and his violin concertos (considering he wrote them all by the age of 21) are wonderful.Bach wrote a great deal of music - his pieces for the clavier, these days played most often on the piano, are beautiful and cerebral works - try the goldberg variations.

My favorite right now is Prelude in E minor by Chopin. It's very beautiful and haunting(especially if you get it off of an album called "Classics for the Heart" because it's a piano/violin duet thing, vs just the piano, and that makes it like 10x better). "Raindrop Prelude" is also by Chopin and it's also haunting, in a really subtle way. Well, basically anything by Chopin is pretty haunting aha. If you're into Christmas music, "Carol of the Bells".Tchaikovsky's "The Seasons: JUNE" is one of my favorite, favorite songs. It's really just wonderful. It's not really haunting in the middle, per se, but it is in and out.Consolation #3 by Franz Liszt. Nuf said."Meditations from Thais" is another violin/piano duet thing on "Classics for the Heart" I'm not really into this song, but I thought I'd suggest it. The Theme/Reprise from "Schindler's List" is pretty good, too. The Gluck/Kreisler "Melodie" is soo, soo good. It's mostly violin, I think you'll like it. I cannot reccomend this one enough, actually. Greensleeves, of course, everyone's favorite. It's a pretty addicting song.I know some people would disagree with me on this one, but "Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring" by Bach is a really nice, simple and light piano piece. Not exactly haunting, but I like it."Scarborough Fair" played on a harp is really nice. Basically any harp/flute combo is pretty, like "What Child Is This".Honestly, a lot of songs from Miyazki movies like "San & Ashitaka" and the Theme Song from Princess Mononoke; Reprise from Spirited Away, and "One Summer's Day" from Spirited Away are really good. I think they'd be right up your alley. I like the ones by Joe Hisaishi better than the songs from the actual soundtracks.I haven't actually gotten into Rachmaninoff, but I've heard about him and heard a little bit of his stuff. He probably has some good pieces if you look into him.I'm not a classical music expert, these are just the songs I really like. I hope you like them too. If I think of any more I'll add some!I forgot, the soundtrack from "Memoirs of a Geisha" has some haunting songs.

I'll recommend some music off the top of my head and group it according to how accessible I think it is.By "accessible," I mean relatively easier to appreciate by someone who isn't as experienced with classical music. These are all GREAT works. Maybe as you become more familiar with the listening process you can move on to some of the harder-to-swallow(but still great!) pieces.Pretty accessible:Tchaikovsky: Piano Concerto No. 1Mendelssohn: Violin ConcertoBeethoven: Piano Concerto No. 5Beethoven: Symphony No. 5Beethoven: Symphony No. 7Dvorak: Symphony No. 9Liszt: Piano Concerto No. 1Copland: Appalachian SpringMussorgsky & Ravel: Pictures at an ExhibitionGrieg: Piano Concerto in A MinorA little more out there(still great music!!):Rimsky-Korsakov: ScheherazadeRachmaninoff: Piano Concerto No. 2Sibelius: Symphony No. 1Barber: Adagio for StringsBeethoven: Symphony No. 9Tchaikovsky: Symphony No. 5Shostakovich: Symphony No. 5Ravel: Piano Concerto in G MajorDebussy: Prelude to the Afternoon of a FaunWagner: Prelude and Liebestod from Tristan und IsoldeVaughan Williams: Fantasia on a Theme of Thomas TallisSerious listening(still great music!!):Stravinsky: Rite of SpringStravinsky: FirebirdBarber: Knoxville, Summer of 1915Berlioz: Symphonie FantastiqueMahler: Symphony No. 5Shostakovich: Symphony No. 10Ravel: Daphnis et ChloeRemember that classical music is different from all other types of music: You have to pay attention to it if you really want to enjoy it fully. It is like really engaging your mind and being absorbed by a work of art as opposed to just glancing at a cool-looking drawing. That is ESPECIALLY true with the pieces in the second and third categories.That brief list should provide you with many hours of enjoyment. If you would like some more recommendations, feel free to post here more or send me a message!P.S. Don't use youtube, no matter how tempting! The sound quality sucks and this great music doesn't deserve to be listened to on it. Use the local library or iTunes!

I do love Mozart's Fantasia in D minor (K397) - I always recommend it to those who like the Moonlight sonata.Liszt is good: Liebestraum and La CampanellaI'm more a woodwind person, so if you're insterested, clarinet and esp. oboe can me beautiful and moving... I always think Mozart is great.... There is a particular oboe quartet of Mozart that I like... its K370. Its pretty unusual in that in one movement the oboe plays in 4/4 while the string quartet stay in 6/8... Sounds crazy I know but it works! Cool huh!? Have a listen... you may like wind stuff too!

I have a LOT of favourite classical songs so i will give you ALL of them (in alphabetical order):1812 Overture by TchaikovskyAir on G String by BachAll of the Nutcracker Ballet Music by TchaikovskyAll of the Swan Lake Music by TchaikovskyBlue Danube by StraussBolero by Maurice Ravel Canon by PachebelClair de Lune by DebussyEine Kleina Nachtmusik by MozartElvira Madigan Piano Con. by MozartFantasy Overture From Romeo and Juliet byTchaikovskyFingels Cave by MendelssohnJupiter Symphony by MozartMoonlight Sonata by BeethovenNew World Symphony n.9-Adagio by Antonín Dvo?ákPastoral Symphony by BeethovenPathetique Sonata by BeethovenPizzicato from Sylvia by Léo DelibesThe Four Seasons Spring by VivaldiThe Four Seasons Autumn by VivaldiThe Four Seasons Summer by VivaldiWater Music Suite in F by HandelIf all this music to listen to it will be hard to pick the songs. There ALL beautiful pieces!!!

I'll give you my favorites, and I hope you enjoy. Symphony No. 41 "Jupiter" - MozartSymphony in Three Movements - StravinskyAir on the G String - BachRomance in B Major - FaureMiniature Overture to The Nutcracker - TchaikovskySymphony No. 4 "The Italian" 1st mvt. - MendelssohnRondo in D Major for Flute and Orchestra - MozartSymphony No. 8 - ShostakovichOverture to Le Nozze Di Figaro - MozartOverture to Don Giovanni - MozartToccata and Fugue in D Minor - BachPreludium in E - BachThe Firebird - StravinskyRussian Dance from The Nutcracker - TchaikovskySerenade for Strings - TchaikovskyPiano Concerto #21 - MozartOrchestral Suite #2 in B Minor - BachSymphony No. 40 - MozartEnjoy!To Serafina10, Yiruma is NOT classical music and simply can't be compared to Mozart, Bach, Mendelssohn, Tchaikovsky, or Stravinsky.

-Liszt - Consolation No. 3 in D flat-Liszt - Liebestraum No. 3-Liszt - Hungarinan Rhapsody No. 5.-Chopin - Nocturne No. 21 in C minor Op. Posthumus.-Henrique Oswald - Il neige-Arensky - Suite No. 4 - The Dream.-Schubert - Impromptus Op. 90.-Tchaikovsky - The Seasons - June Barcarolle